Herne Farm Leisure Centre Main Hall is available for Hire by Residents and Non-Residents. Ideal for Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Meetings and Societies. Well equipped new bar, kitchen and recently added air conditioning.
It boasts ample tables and seating for up to 90 people. The Main Hall backs onto to a secure enclosed garden area which is perfect for a barbecue, hog roast or simply to take in the fresh air.
Residents when Hiring the Hall will receive a 10% discount, proof of residency will be required.
Hall Hire Documents click here.
The Main Hall sessions are divided into Morning, Afternoon and Evening sessions. The Hall Diary shows the current bookings.
The times are:
Morning 09:00 till 13:00
Afternoon 13:30 till 18:00
Evening 18:30 till 23:00
( Saturdays up until 23:30 hrs ).
We have a Bar available to Hire with two Fully Trained Bar Staff for those very special occasions.
Hall and Bar Rules
The Herne Farm Leisure Centre does not allow alcohol to be consumed on the premises unless in the Hall, and it has been purchased at the Centre’s Licensed Bar.
The Management may grant permission on special occasions (with a signed agreement) for alcohol to be brought onto the premises (any activity must comply with UK licensing laws), also providing the Hirer has their own Liquor License, and the alcohol can only be consumed in the Main Hall.
All ‘private parties’ are excluded from this arrangement and if any alcohol is to be consumed on the premises then the Bar must be included as part of the Hire.
Each Booking or Hire will be considered carefully by the Centre Manager, and some may require Board approval.
18th and 21st birthday parties are usually rejected based on generating more problems affecting the Centre and Local Residents.
From 2022, the Herne Farm Leisure Centre no longer has a site licence to play music.
If you are planning on Hiring the Main Hall at Herne Farm for anything that involves the playing of music and the sale of tickets, or any other type of payment being made, then you must have a valid ‘Entertainment Licence’.
If you are unsure whether you need a licence then please contact the Centre Manager who will be able to clarify if you need one or not.
Also if you do, then he will be able to help organise or arrange one at a small charge.
(If a licence is required, then Hires/Bookings will only be accepted or allowed to commence once there is proof of a valid Entertainment Licence to play music).
Organisations and Societies
- Petersfield Area Historical Society
Founded in 1973, the Petersfield Area Historical Society promotes the study, recording and research of local history. The Society holds monthly meetings with a guest speaker from September to April and organises visits to places of historical interest during spring and summer.
- Welsh Society
The aims of the Petersfield Welsh Society are to foster the interests and encourage the friendship of all Welsh people and those who love Wales, residing in the area in and around Petersfield, and to keep intact links that bind them to the ‘Old Country’.
- Chandni’s Yoga Class weekly on Tuesday in the Evening from 19:00 till 20:00.
- Dancecatz Academy is Fun and Friendly Classes in Ballet, Tap and Acro for ages 4 to 7 plus. For more information contact Karen Russell on 07983 000943. View more or Email.
- Dancecatz Academy (Baby Ballet Mother and Daughter) team, Claire and Barbara are immensely passionate about baby ballet and have worked tirelessly since 1999 to make it into the award-winning reputable concept it is today – which now has over 100 franchised and licensed schools teaching over 20,000 children every week in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. View more
- Keep moving with Sammie weekly on Tuesday in the Morning from 10:30 till 11:30.
- Mature Movers is An Exercise Class To Music For Older Adults, with classes in Petersfield, Liphook, Bordon and Midhurst. For more information contact Karen Lewis on 01730 813576 or 07528 487096. Email
The Main Hall is an ideal venue to host your Wedding Breakfast.
- Equipped with the essential table and chairs.
- Seating up to 90 people.
- Air Conditioning.
- Sound System.
- Neutrally coloured, which allows you to style it the way you want it.
We want your day to be perfect and will try to do everything we can.
Typically a Hirer will Hire the Main Hall for the whole weekend allowing you to get everything right.
If you wish to Hire the Main Hall for a ‘Party’ then please send all the details to the Centre Manager at email@example.com. Please include the following:
- Your Name, Address and Contact Details (including Contact Phone Number).
- Type of Party, (Anniversary, Birthday or Private).
- Date and Time Period you require.
- Age Range (see Restrictions below).
- If Tables and Chairs required.
- If Kitchen required for Catering.
- If Bar is required (see Restrictions below), the Bar will include two trained Bar Staff.
- If Alcohol is to be consumed then please read the Restrictions below regarding the ‘Bar‘ and ‘Alcohol‘.
- If you require any music to be played then an ‘Entertainment Licence’ is required if you are charging for entry, either before or at the booking.
- Access to the Secure Garden Area.
- Use of the ‘HiFi Equipment’ (see Restrictions below).
- Use of the ‘Air Conditioning’, this will be set before Hire of Hall commences.
Note: If you require a ‘Bouncy Castle’ then it must be NO Higher than ’10 foot High’.
- Age: 18th and 21st Birthday Parties are usually rejected based on generating more problems affecting the Centre and Local Residents.
- Alcohol: You are not permitted to bring any alcohol into the Leisure Centre or the secure garden area.
- Bar: Herne Farm Limited does not allow alcohol to be consumed on the premises unless in the Main Hall, and it has been purchased at the Centre’s Licensed Bar.
- HiFi: The HiFi system has a sound limiter, and if the doors to the secure garden are opened then the power to the HiFi is cut off.
Cost for Hiring Main Hall
Sunday to Saturday (Day Time)
- £15 per Hour
- £50 per Half Day
- £100 per Day
Sunday to Friday (Evenings)
- £50 per Evening
- £85 Evening
- £40 per Hire
A Deposit will be required on all Hires.
Prices may vary depending on time of year, for an actual cost please contact the Centre Manager with all your times and requirements on 01730 266 874 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hall Hire Documents click here.
All Hire Periods must include time for setting up, clearing away, removing any rubbish and any cleaning that may be required.